Let me set the scene.
Since 2005, I’ve been working for myself. A majority of the time, I am out and about with my clients, either business performance coaching in their premises, or in a hotel foyer, or outdoors in the fresh air.
When I’m not coaching, I focus on developing programmes and training opportunities for my business, from home.
Working at home can become a distraction.
At times it is all too easy to do something else other than the work you need to focus on, in your normal environment.
“Why the change, all of a sudden?”, you ask, when I’ve been building and growing a successful business for 10+ years.
Simply because things change. That’s it.
As a highly self-motivated and focused individual, I now find that my desire to work in my office or downstairs in my dining room has waned.
I must confess that the real reason behind my change is because I crave more human interaction. It is important after all.
In April 2016 I welcomed the fantastic Desk Cowork into my life. Set up by a young and dynamic entrepreneur named Matt Greenwood, the co-working space is above The Core, in Old Town, Swindon.
Now let me share with you my three reasons why I love to work at Desk Cowork:
- Creativity. The space is light, airy, and stylishly vintage. The big desks and openness inspire creative thinking. The space boosts my work to flow.
- Human Interaction. It’s the people. Sitting side by side with entrepreneurs who are working on exciting projects for their business, inspires you to do great things in your own business. Having a chat over a cuppa, asking someone a question about something that is challenging you, or simply chilling out on a comfy sofa with your book or to check your social media, in the company of others, creates a strong sense of belonging. It’s about community.
- Productivity. I get more work done on the days I’m at Desk Cowork than I do at home. I’m focused and committed to making things happen. Each time I leave, I feel proud of what I have achieved and I know that my next visit will produce the same if not better results.
Are you an entrepreneur or digital nomad who loves to work in a co-working space?
- What do you like best about this type of working?
- How productive are you?
- What inspires you?
- Why do you recommend co-working to small business owners and entrepreneurs?